Inspired by Mique (think Mickey) over at Thirty Handmade Days, I decided to try an easy cinnamon roll for my oldest daughter to try. She loves cinnamon rolls, and I had an extra can of Pillsbury breadsticks in my fridge that I was afraid would go to waste.
Hubs and Oldest Daughter loved them... Sometimes a plan does come together!
The ingredients were simple....
Here's how it came together...
- 1 can Pillsbury breadsticks
- sugar (didn't measure the sugar)
- cinnamon (didn't measure the cinnamon either)
- 2 T. butter, melted
1. Pre-heat oven as directed on can of breadsticks.
2. Open breadsticks and separate into two large rectangles. (I did this on a cookie sheet to reduce mess.)
3. Brush 1/2 melted butter onto rectangles.
4. Sprinkle sugar on rectangles (I would guess about 5 T?)
5. Shake cinnamon onto rectangles (maybe 1 T?)
6. Separate the sticks and roll up individually.
7. Place rolls in greased muffin pan, brush with remaining butter.
8. Bake according to directions on can. (Oven times vary. I baked mine for 15 minutes.)
I didn't have any powdered sugar to make a frosting like Mique did, but i did dress it up with a cupcake liner. Points, right?
Excuse me, y'all... the coffee's ready! Mmmmmmmm.
I'm sharing here