Sunday, August 05, 2012

Warm Chickpea Salad



I'm gearing up for August's 10-Day Challenge, and along with doing a Pantry Rehab, I'm collecting and trying Paleo recipes. The 10-Day Challenge is about cutting out sugar, exercising, and making healthy food choices. The Challenge is not about eating Paleo, although this month I'm cutting out gluten as much as possible, as well as carbs in forms of pasta, breads, etc. 

This weekend I tried several new recipes that I've collected on Pinterest, which has led to my new favorite snack, Warm Chickpea Salad. 

On a side note, a reader reminded me that garbanzo beans are NOT Paleo, because they are a legume. Want to see the list of what IS and what is NOT Paleo? Click here. 



I found the recipe at StoneSoup. If you haven't been to the website, check it out. There are some tasty and easy recipes there.  Here's what is says on the website:

Welcome to Stonesoup! I'm Jules Clancy. I love food especially veggies. I have a degree in Food Science and am the author of 5 ingredients 10 minutes. 
Stonesoup is a weekly blog about fresh,healthy, delicious food.The fact that most recipes here contain 5 ingredients and can be made in minutes is a bonus.
Perfect, huh?? 5 ingredients or less and healthy! 


Here's the recipe for the chickpea salad:


1 clove garlic
1 sprig rosemary, leaves picked
pinch dried chili flakes, optional (I used chili powder)
small handful whole almonds
1 can chickpeas, drained (14 oz) 
Heat medium frying pan over a medium high heat. Add 2T olive oil.
When the oil is hot, add garlic, rosemary, chili and almonds. Stir fry for a minute or so until the garlic is just beginning to brown.
Toss in the drained chickpeas and continue to stir fry until the chickpeas are warm and starting to brown up a little as well. Season with salt and serve warm.

Are you eating Paleo? I would love to hear about your experiences!



Where I'm sharing this



mop it up mondays

3 comments:

Jaye @ Just Tryin' To Make Cents of it All said...

That looks yummy! You should head over to Frugal by Choice, Cheap by Necessity. Sarah is doing a gluten free challenge and she does a "mostly Homemade Monday" party. This would be perfect!

Nif said...

Thanks, Jaye! I visited her blog and shared my salad. I'm going to check out your site as well! :)

Erin said...

Love it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...